ABOUT THE PROJECT
The main objective of the project is to implement a comprehensive set of complementary technical, digital, environmental, social, and circular solutions to realize the full potential of the program, achieve maximum material self-sufficiency, and increase the circular return in the waste and resource sector.
To achieve this main goal, project activities are focused on achieving three specific objectives:
- provide a continuous assessment mechanism and ensure continuous improvement and updating based on the digital, technical, and social excellence created by the project;
- present six closed-loop solutions for different problematic and extensive waste streams as best examples of how to achieve the objectives;
- ensure wider acceptance of the best available solutions and achieve consistent and integrated implementation of the waste targets
The project contributes to the implementation of the EU Waste Framework Directive, the Blueprint for a Resource-Efficient Europe, the European Green Deal, and the Action Plan for a Circular Economy for a Clean and Competitive Europe.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 20% through improved handling.
- Increase recycling by about 18% (2% per year).
- Recycling of 50% of non-hazardous construction waste.
- Recycling 99% of non-hazardous waste from thermal processes.
- Achieve a 70% recycling rate of municipal waste.
- Reducing the consumption of non-metallic mineral raw materials by 20% (3.4 million tonnes).
- Improvement of 10% of the land area.
- 15% increase in green jobs.
National and municipal authorities
Health and social services
Preparatory activities are planned for 2022 and 2023.
Main implementation activities are planned from 2023 to 2030.
Continuous monitoring and measurement of indicators is planned throughout the life of the project - from 2022 to 2030.
Public Awareness and Dissemination
Project management and monitoring
Project management will take place throughout the life of the project - from 2022 to 2030.